The XT-PRO is the latest generation satellite phone operating on the Thuraya network. Coverage is limited to Europe, Africa (except very southern countries), Asia and Australia (see map below). Within these areas coverage is very good.
The phone is equipped with an emergency assistance button. In case of an emergency simply press this button for three seconds to send an emergency call or message to a programmable number.
The tracking feature of the XT-PRO is an extra plus for your personal safety. When activated it sends your position in predefined intervals to a contact or a tracking website. This way your location is known even if you are unable of pressing the emergency assistance button.
- Calls to any landline, mobile or other satellite phone
- Send and receive text and mail messages
- Messages to the phone can be sent free of charge using this service provided by Thuraya.
- Tracking service: Send your position in predefined intervals to a contact or a tracking webpage. This
- Emergency assistance button configurable to send a call or message alert to any other programmable number.
- Up to 9 hours talk-time and 100 hours standby time
- Dust, splash and shock resistant
Visit the Thuraya product page for more information.
Overview of costs
We offer a cost model where we split the rental of the phone (fixed costs) from the costs of calls and messages (variable costs).
|Fixed cost item||Cost (in CHF)|
|Preparation and shipping||15|
|Preparation and shipping (express)||25|
|Rental per day||7|
Contact us regarding long-term rentals (one month minimum).
In order to make calls or send messages you can choose among the prepaid options offered by Thuraya. We don’t charge any surplus on credit purchases. As we need to make the credit payment in Euro the actual costs depend on the current exchange rate.
|Credit (in Thuraya units)||Cost (in EUR)||Approx. value|
|39||50 (~54.00 CHF)||26 minutes call / 79 messages|
|50||60 (~64.50 CHF)||33 minutes call / 102 messages|
|160||180 (~193 CHF)||107 minutes call / 326 messages|
You do not have to buy a large credit pack from the beginning. We can also recharge your credit during your rental.
These are the costs in units charged by Thuraya and the approximate price in CHF
|Calls to landline or mobile in Band 1 (all countries and networks not listed below)||1.49 per minute (~1.90 CHF)|
|Calls to numbers in Band 2 (Cuba, East Timor, Globalstar)||4.99 per minute (~6.36 CHF)|
|Calls to numbers in Band 3
||8.00 per minute (~10.20 CHF)|
|Calls to other Thuraya||0.99 per minute (~1.26 CHF)|
|Text message (160 characters)||0.49 (~0.63 CHF)|
Accessories included with the phone rental
- Chargers for power outlets fitting all geographic regions
- Car charger
- USB charger
- A case for storage and safe transportation
- If you wish we include an external battery pack (Varta Powerpack 10400 mAh) serving for 3-4 recharges for 0.50 CHF/day
How to rent
Renting is easy. Contact us and we’ll send you the rental contact. Along with the contract you’ll receive our account data and payment instructions. As soon as we have received the initial credit payment and the deposit (750 CHF for Thuraya phones) we will send you the phone. Upon return, you send us the phone back, and we reimburse the deposit minus the rental fee and additional credit purchases if any. Phones can also be collected and/or returned personally.