We offer the latest generation Iridium Extreme 9575. Iridium is the only network that offers truly global coverage. Unlike Inmarsat and Thuraya the Iridium network operates non-geostationary satellites orbiting the earth. There are 66 of these satellites with an orbital period of about 100 minutes.
The phone is registered with IERCC, the international leader in Search and Rescue (SAR) services. Pressing the emergency assistance button will immediately connect you with the SAR center.
The tracking feature of the Iridium Extreme is an extra plus for your personal safety. When activated it sends your position in predefined intervals to a contact or a tracking website. This way your location is known even if you are unable of pressing the emergency assistance button.
- Calls to any landline, mobile or other satellite phone
- Send and receive text and mail messages
- Messages to the phone can be sent free of charge using this service provided by Iridium.
- Tracking service: Send your position in predefined intervals to a contact or a tracking webpage.
- Emergency assistance button connecting you immediately with GEOS Alliance the prime provider of Search and Rescue operations. (This is reconfigurable to connect to any other number.)
- 4 hours of talk time and up to 30 hours standby
- Dust, splash and shock resistant
Overview of costs
We offer a cost model where we split the rental of the phone (fixed costs) from the costs of calls and messages (variable costs).
|Fixed cost item||Cost (in CHF)|
|Preparation and shipping||15|
|Preparation and shipping (express)||25|
|Rental per day||12|
Contact us regarding long-term rentals (one month minimum).
In order to make calls or send messages you can choose among the prepaid options offered by Iridium. We don’t charge any surplus on credit purchases. As we need to make the credit payment in Euro the actual costs depend on the rate.
|Credit||Cost (in EUR)||Notes|
|100 minutes||229 (~229.00 CHF)||Valid 30 days|
|200 minutes||719 (~719.00 CHF)||Valid 6 months|
Contact us for other credit options.
Accessories included with the phone rental
- Chargers for power outlets fitting all geographic regions
- Car charger
- USB charger
- A case for storage and safe transportation
- If you wish we include an external battery pack (Varta Powerpack 10400 mAh) serving for 3-4 recharges for 0.50 CHF/day
How to rent
Renting is easy. Contact us and we’ll send you the rental contact. Along with the contract you’ll receive our account data and payment instructions. As soon as we have received the initial credit payment and the deposit (1200 CHF for Iridium phones) we will send you the phone. Upon return, you send us the phone back, and we reimburse the deposit minus the rental fee and additional credit purchases if any. Phones can also be collected and/or returned personally.