We offer the latest generation IsatPhone 2 which is a very versatile phone with almost global coverage (except pole regions). Inmarsat is the leader in global mobile satellite communications. In our experience the Inmarsat network offers the best voice quality and availability. As the Inmarsat satellites are geostationary, established connections rarely break as long as the user keeps pointing the phone towards the satellite.
The phone is registered with IERCC, the international leader in Search and Rescue (SAR) services. Pressing the emergency assistance button will immediately connect you with the SAR center.
The new tracking feature of the IsatPhone 2 is an extra plus for your personal safety. When activated it sends your position in predefined intervals to a contact or a tracking website. This way your location is known even if you are unable of pressing the emergency assistance button.
- Calls to any landline, mobile or other satellite phone
- Send and receive text and mail messages
- Messages to the phone can be sent free of charge using this service provided by Inmarsat.
- Tracking service: Send your position in predefined intervals to a contact or a tracking webpage. This
- Emergency assistance button connecting you immediately the GEOS Alliance the prime provider of Search and Rescue operations. (This is reconfigurable to connect you to any other number.)
- Fast network registration in under 45 seconds
- 8 hours of talk time and up to 160 hours standby
- Dust, splash and shock resistant (IP65, IK04)
Overview of costs
We offer a cost model where we split the rental of the phone (fixed costs) from the costs of calls and messages (variable costs).
|Fixed cost item||Cost (in CHF)|
|Preparation and shipping||15|
|Preparation and shipping (express)||25|
|Rental per day||8|
Contact us regarding long-term rentals (one month minimum).
In order to make calls or send messages you can choose among the prepaid options offered by Inmarsat. We don’t charge any surplus on credit purchases. As we need to make the credit payment in Euro the actual costs depend on the rate.
|Credit (in Inmarsat units)||Cost (in EUR)||Approx. value|
|50||60 (~60.00 CHF)||35 minutes call / 100 messages|
|100||119 (~119.00 CHF)||70 minutes call / 200 messages|
You do not have to buy a large credit pack from the beginning. We can also recharge your credit during your rental.
These are the costs in units charged by Inmarsat and the approximate price in CHF
|Calls to any landline, mobile or other IsatPhone||1.5 per minute (~1.80 CHF)|
|Text message (160 characters)||0.5 (~0.6 CHF)|
Accessories included with the phone rental
- Chargers for power outlets fitting all geographic regions
- Car charger
- USB charger
- A case for storage and safe transportation
- If you wish we include an external battery pack (Varta Powerpack 10400 mAh) serving for 3-4 recharges for 0.50 CHF/day
How to rent
Renting is easy. Contact us and we’ll send you the rental contact. Along with the contract you’ll receive our account data and payment instructions. As soon as we have received the initial credit payment and the deposit (750 CHF for Inmarsat phones) we will send you the phone. Upon return, you send us the phone back, and we reimburse the deposit minus the rental fee and additional credit purchases if any. Phones can also be collected and/or returned personally.